Margie Warrell is a renowned international speaker, author, and leadership coach.
In 2008, Margie founded her own coaching and consulting firm, Brave, dedicated to helping people live with courage.
Through her work at Brave, Margie has become a sought-after speaker and has delivered keynote addresses and workshops at conferences and events all over the world. Margie is the author of several books, including Find Your Brave, and Stop Playing Safe.
Margie is an active philanthropist and is dedicated to supporting organisations that empower women and girls around the world.
3.33 Margie tells Lauren how she was able to build doors in her own life and career.
- Margie explains the importance of overcoming the little voice of doubt and acting despite fear. She encourages putting oneself out there and pursuing new opportunities to increase the likelihood of success.
- Margie’s passion lies in helping individuals rise to their full potential.
5.38 Lauren asks Margie how she maintains a resilient mindset through imposter syndrome.
- Margie highlights the importance of self-awareness and tuning into one’s feelings. She prompts individuals to examine the stories they tell themselves and consider alternative narratives to shift their mindset. By being mindful of our stories and the power we assign them, we can actively shape our mindset.
8.00 Margie talks to Lauren about the shift from having her own company to going back into the corporate world.
- Margie’s decision to start her own business 20 years ago was driven by the need for flexibility while taking care of her four children and a travelling husband. Over time, her business grew and served her well. However, an opportunity to work at Korn Ferry arose. Now, as part of Korn Ferry’s Board, CEO Succession, and Executive Leadership practice, Margie leverages her diverse background to provide valuable insights. This career shift has brought positive changes, allowing her to connect with interesting individuals and learn from top industry leaders.
11.35 Lauren asks Margie about her decision-making process.
- Margie believes in making decisions based on the right reasons, not the wrong ones. She always evaluates the risk-reward ratio and reflects on potential regrets from not taking action due to fear of failure or inadequacy.
18.15 Lauren asks Margie to define what success means to her.
- Success for Margie is diligently pursuing meaningful goals that positively impact and uplift the lives of others.
- Success is experiencing joy, fostering connections, cultivating gratitude, and embracing laughter in life’s journey.
31.58 Lauren and Margie talk about navigating life as a mum and a career woman.
- Lowering the perfectionist bar is crucial for our own well-being and growth.
- It’s essential to lead by example and pursue our own dreams if we want to encourage our children to do the same.
35.33 Margie tells Lauren what legacy she wants to leave behind.
- Margie’s goal is to inspire and embolden people to conquer their fears and pursue their dreams.
- She feels a sense of purpose in writing books that possess timeless inspiration for future generations.
- Margie’s legacy includes her children, whom she hopes will use their gifts to make a meaningful impact in the world.
37.00 it’s time to wrap up with the rocket round, where Margie passes on one of the questions because she simply cannot choose.
You can connect with Margie on LinkedIn
About your host:
Lauren Karan, Director and Founder of Karan & Co.
With over a decade of experience as a recruiter and development coach, Lauren Karan found that her priorities rapidly changed after the birth of her two children. In 2022 she founded Karan & Co flipping the out-dated recruitment model with a focus on retention through career coaching and development.
Lauren believes that If opportunity doesn’t knock, you have to build a door – and it’s this same philosophy that inspired her to create the Building Doors podcast. The Building Doors podcast is for anyone undergoing a transformation in their life. Regardless of whether you feel stuck in your current role, need some inspiration on what steps to take next, want to learn how to level up as a business owner or simply want to listen to the experiences of successful entrepreneurs and industry professionals, the Building Doors podcast is all about unlocking your potential.
Help someone else Build Doors in their career
💕 Subscribe and leave a 5-star rating on Apple Podcasts
🙏 Subscribe and leave a 5-star rating on Spotify
Get more help to Build Doors in your own life
🎬 Follow us on LinkedIn
📝 Building Doors newsletter: subscribe to that
Want to support the show?
1. Hit ‘Follow’.
2. Leave a 5-star rating.
3. Share this episode with a friend (this will help the podcast get discovered by more people so they can Build Doors in their lives too).
Thank you for your support! It truly means a lot. 💕
Time to stop waiting and start building…
In case you missed it:
You can listen to our previous episode here.
👋 To say hello, provide feedback, or express interest in a guest appearance on The Building Doors Podcast get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Produced By The Podcast Boss